Question
Posted by: Bridgette | 2010-02-22

sick labrador

Hi doc,

My friend’ s labrador gave birth to puppies about 8 weeks ago. Last week the dog was diagnosed with infection in her mammary glands and has been very very sick. She was at the vet’ s for two days and went home on Thursday last week.

However, she is still very sick. She has high fever, is listless and still has a lot of pain. The vet said that it will take a while for her to get better.

Is it normal for her to be so very sick for so long? I want my friend to take the dog to another vet just to be sure, but she trusts her vet 100%. I’ m not so sure. Please give some advice.

Dear Bridgette

Masitis can be very painfull and take a while to get better but I would recommend that the dog is hospitalised if that unwell, drip, i/v fluids etc.

1
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010-02-25

Dear Bridgette

Reply to Cybervet