Question
Posted by: Tamsin | 2011/01/13

sick grandfather

Good day

My grandfather (82yrs) got scratched on his leg by my uncle''s dog a week ago - the scratch then got infected and he went and saw a doctor on Monday (his GP is overseas, so it was another GP) who has given him antibiotics to cure the infection. Since Tuesday my grandfather has lost his appetite (having one slice of toast, 3 times a day, in order to take his medicine) and has also been light-headed. Today he started getting hiccups and has had them for most of the day....

The GP he saw on Monday, can only see to him next week Wednesday - should the dizziness and hiccups be something to worry about? PS - the infection looks about the same and may possibly need more time before we see positive results.

Tamsin

Hallo Tamsin
I don't think he can wait until next week - ask the doctor to make a plan. The symptoms may be due to side effects of the antibiotics. If he is feverish the doctor should definitely squeeze him in somewhere. Old people can deteriorate very quickly.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/01/13

Hallo Tamsin
dr Bets