Question
Posted by: ME | 2011/09/14

Sick dog

I have a problem with a dog. He is making a sound as if something is stuck in his throat. It is now for more than a week. Blood is also coming from his mouth ,but not very much.He does not have energy,eat only a little and drink some water.It is very expensive to take a dog to a vet .I cannot afford it,it is not even my dog but my neighbours.They does''nt care about the dog and he stay with us since he was very small.He is a big dog now. I am not sure what is wrong with him .I phone the vet''s office in the morning and ask the person who answered the phone.The lady said it can be a cough but I must bring the dog in.In the beginning there was a lot of saliva coming from his mouth.There is no diarrhea,only the coughing sound if something is stuck in throat.I know it is difficult to diagnose but I feel so sorry for him. Please advice

Hi Me

If finances are a problem please take him to a welfare organisation to have a clinical examination and imaging.

It is difficult for me to suggest what the problem may be. There is every possibility that there may be a space-occupying lesion/foreign body lodged in his mouth/oesophagus/stomach/intestines.

I do hope you can get some help.
Kind Regards
Angus Campbell

1
Posted by: CyberVet | 2011/09/15

Hi Me

I do hope you can get some help.
Kind Regards
Angus Campbell

Reply to CyberVet