Question
Posted by: Tam | 2010-06-09

Sick dog

Hi guys I have a sick doggy, she''s moping around, is getting cold, then hot, I don''t know what to do I can''t afford to take her to the vet any suggestions ?

Hi Tam

I would advise that you take the dog to a welfare society where they may charge you an nominal fee as a consultation. They may require that you take them info regarding your financial status. Please look up the Yellow Pages to find where they are located and give them a phone.

2
Posted by: Chill | 2010-06-09

You might also provide a little more concrete detail - ''moping around'' doesn''t really tell one much. Is she eating? drinking? Widdling? Pooing? Any swellings, bleeding, signs of infection? Does her belly feel hard or soft? (Be gentle when you check this!) Are her gums and the insides of her lower eyelids the normal colour? Does she hide away from light, does she want to sleep all the time? How old is the dog, and what size/breed? Does she have a history of illness? Has she been vaccinated/dewormed? Do you have other dogs, and if so, do they seem normal and healthy?

All these things might help someone give you useful advice.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010-06-09

Hi Tam

Reply to CyberVet