Question
Posted by: out of breath | 2008/09/30

Sick Building Syndrome

Are there any provisions in the law, either basic conditions of employment or health &  safety act, that relates to the quality of air in an office. I work in an office where you can' t open any windows and there is no source of fresh air. Just the same old stale air being circulated by desk-fans. Everyone in my office complains about headaches and feeling lathargic. What can we do?

Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

You should contact an accredited environmental hygienist to conduct relevant air measurements to ascertain the quality of the air etc. The employer has legal obligation to ensure a safe,healthy and acceptable work environment.