Question
Posted by: Distressed | 2010-11-03

Sick and Tired

It is not so easy to see my Gynae...let me tell you my story.
Each time i call for an appointment i get told that i can get one next month only, and so its the next month and next month.
Last year i had to cancell 3 appointments and this year cancelled 4 already, because each time i have my period. I am bleeding so heavily ( last month 31 days non-stop) so bad with huge clots comming down.
I just got of the phone with the receptionist asking her if i could just speak to the doc, she says no because i have not been there in the last 2 years. I am bleeding so much at the moment
(2 weeks) huge blood clots. My life stands still.
So this is my problem, i am depressed and feel alone.
I cant go for an examination, i just need something to stop my period. What is the use of going to him when i have my period, i want to be examined to see what is wrong with me.
Can you PLEASE give me advice.
Thank You

There is no reason why you cannot me examined while you have a period, even if the bleeding is heavy. There are many causes of heavy periods and the treatment will depend on the cause. If, for example, you have an enlarged uterus with fibroids, one of the common causes of heavy periods, a hysterectomy will be necessary. I would suggest that you make an appointment with your gynaecologist and keep it no matter how much you are bleeding. Alternatively, you culd see your GP to assess the situation.

2
Posted by: Diane | 2010-11-05

Hi Sick and Tired. Looks like Gynae is the only answer. It is so scary and I don''t know if its the start of menapause or if something is wrong. My problem is the medical is depleted for specialists so I have to wait for next year anyway. Good luck and don''t feel alone. I was so afraid but I will think of you. Maybe you should try another gynae. Thanks for your comment.

Reply to Diane
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-11-05