Question
Posted by: Arina | 2010-02-03

Sick and pregnant

Hi Doc,

I am 30 years old, 9 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child. For the past month I have been battling with Toncillitis, sinus and throat infection.

My GP said he can not give me any meds, until 16 weeks! I can not go on like this. My work and family life is suffering.

Please help,.

Hallo Arina
You can use penicillin based antibiotics like Amoxil, Panado for pain,and rinse your sinuses with saltwater ( 1 cup water and 1/2 teaspoon salt) 2-3 times a day ( sniff up and blow out) and you can use either salt water gargle or something like Strepsils for the sore throat. If you are penicillen allergic you can use erythromycin.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-02-03

Hallo Arina
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc