Question
Posted by: Nikki | 2009-01-21

Sick all the time and TIRED!

I am a 31 year old who for the last year has got more sick more times than I have ever in my life - gastro, flu and most recently adult measles. I feel like someone has turned out my light and generally feel tired. My diet is not great but am trying to improve it daily and do more exercise. I feel anxious and am trying to get to the root of that.Are there any supplements you coul receommend or specific interventions?

Expert ImageArchive

Hi there Nikki

The situation that you find yourself in at the moment is not uncommon and more and more of the patients I see are finding that they are experiencing similar complaints.

The short answer is that there is no 'pill', natural or otherwise, that you can take to restore health. True health can only come from the inside. This means that far more integrated approach to your health (looking at YOU as a person, rather than as a 'symptom') will provide a far more successful outcome.

Integrated health really refers to looking at multiple areas, including diet (quantitiy and quality), exercise, weight management (if applicable), stress management, hormonal management etc. etc., in order to provide balance and supply the body with all the correct stimulation to boost the immune system and enhance the bodies 'self healing' ability.

Consulting with someone that specialises in integrated health would be the way that i suggest you proceed.

Kevin