Question
Posted by: Me | 2011/03/22

Sick all the time

Hi there Dr.
i seem to be sick ALL the time! that flu-ish feeling for a day or two then it goes away for a week and back again.
A year back my dr said it was allergies and gave me some nose spray. it helped for a while, but it stopped working.
Everytime i go to the Dr i get more meds to help the symptoms, but not the cause.
I was even on cortisone about a month ago coz it developed into bronchitis.
i am a smoker by the way
PLEASE HELP!!

Hallo Me
It may be that you are allergic (ask your doctor to check your IGE blood levels)but smoking definitely increases your risk for flu and colds because it paralyses the cilia, the tiny hair-like structures that line the airways in the lungs. The cilia typically acts as little brooms that sweep out harmful bacteria and viruses and irritating substances like pollen. If possible try to stop smoking, and also take a immune booster like Immunochoice or Echinacea.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/03/22

Hallo Me