Question
Posted by: WORRIED | 2010/07/26

sick

my girlfriend and i split a week ago.She went to a gynae who did urine test and blood test.the urine test show negative and she is not pregnant.The blood test showed increased levels of a particular hormone but not sufficient to indicate pregnancy.The problem is that my ex keeps on messing with my head and telling me that she is and then she is not.I dont have the gynae''s confirmation but i cant live like this.She is messing with my emotions and at the moment i am like in a trance,dont feel or have energy for life..Please advise

Its a bit early to be certain of whether or not she may be pregnant, as the hormonal patterns develop over time. Presumably you both thought pregnancy was a real possibility or you wouldn't have had the tests done so promptly after the breakup. She shouldn't mess with your head or hers, as she DOES NOT KNOW whether or not she is pregnant - she's probably not trying to mess with your head, but feeling very uncertain about what might happen and hpw you and she could deal with it. I would guess the gynae will be suggesting some further tests in the coming days, to clarify the situation. Then maybe sitting down together with a pregnancy counsellor could help you both decide more wisely what to do about it

1