Question
Posted by: JOHN | 2008/06/23

SICK

HI,

MY COLLEGUE AT WORK'S WIFE IS SICK AND HE ISAT THE ENDS OF HIS MIND TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT IS UP. SHE IS 54 AND USES NORMAL HORMONE MEDS AND NOTHING ELSE. HER PROBLEM IS THAT SHE CAN'T REMEMBER. HIS LAST RESORT HAS BEEN TO TAKE HER TO A BRAIN SPECIALIST THAT DIDN'T GET MUCH WRONG WITH HER OTHER THAN NORMAL SHRINKING OF THE BRAIN. SHE ALSO HAS SOME POBLEMS WITH HER EYES, SO SHE CAN'T SEE TO GOOD. ACCORDING TO HER THEIR ISN'T ANYTHING THAT CAN BE DONE AND THAT SHE IS LOSING HER SIGHT.

MY COLLEGUE IS STARTING TO THINK THAT SHE IS PRETENDING TO BE SICK AS HE HAS ALSO TAKEN HER TO ABOUT 5 OTHER DOCS. AND NOT ONE OF THESE CAN FIND ANY PROBLEM. I DON'T KNOW MUCH BUT IT IS STARTING TO GET TO ME AND I'M HOPING TO GET THEM SOME HELP. IS THEIR ANY OTHER SPECIALIST SHE CAN GO AND SEE? COULD YOU SUGGEST SOMEONE OR SOMETHING?

If they have seen 5 doctors already it is diffficult. I suggest they ask one of the doctors if he/she can refer them. Maybe a psychologist to see both of them.