Question

Sibling with Deep Depresion (Please help)

Sorry for such a long drawn out email, but I really really need some advice.

Please help, with any advice possible! What is there that I can say other than tell her to try be positive and note things down and work on what is wrong ???? I don''t know what to do!

My sibling is currently not in the right frame of mind and in my opinion seems to have fallen into some form of deep depression. She has sent me an email indicating that she is about to explode, she hates her life, is unhappy, she has failed miserably in every single thing, dad died too early, no father to confide in, married the wrong man to get out the house - questionable! Marriage was abusive, struggled to have a child who is a delinquent, marriage failed cause she obviously wasn’ t women material for her husband, because he cheated on her with our cousins wife, then divorce followed. Lost a house, a car, got involved with an alcoholic loser that is too lazy to work, how does my life sound, what a failure! I have no life, no home, a broken down old car and I am obese and a totally fat failure. And my mother could not be bothered to talk to me because of the choice of man I have and because I wont leave him. How does my life sound, worth living? I don''t think so? Im tired of everything not sleeping, unhappy, everyone hates me, I hate my job, im a weekling, and useless at everything. I have nothing im only a shell of a person, my family, my child my own mother hates me, im such a cailure. I have a very heavy heart today, Im in a dangerous space, Im about to snap and I fear the consequences of my freak out. GOD help me!

I responded the other time this question was published, and I'm still puzzled by how a story that seems to be about your sibling ( who herself apparently needs to seek direct personal help from a local shrink ) seems to turn into a message about you, for whom the same advice would apply. OFten problems when they reach above a certain threshold, need direct personal assessment and help, and are more than a casual online comment can help with.

3

Firstly, Pixie, I am not your dear! And Secondly, this is not a case of " join the club"  this is a serious problem, and do not appreciate your comment!

Regards Anon!

Posted by: pixie | 2012/05/24

join the club dear. i hate my job!

Reply to pixie