Question
Posted by: twinkles | 2009-02-01

siberian husky losing hair

Hi Cybervet
I spoke to you a month ago about my puppy having a raised rash. The vet did a scrape and checked at the rooms and saw no mange but she gave us shampoo and little white tablets which helped the rash, now on the side of him he has patches of fur falling out and the fur on his ears has fallen off the vet did a scrape on his ears and found no mange - we are bathing him in Aquilla shampoo. Do you know what else it could be?

Dear Twinkles

If he scratches as well it is likely to be Sarcoptic mange. Very difficult to find one on a skin scrape. Buy Ectodex dip, dip him weekly for 6 times and see.