Question
Posted by: Shy guy | 2010-10-15

Shy Guy needs advice

I am 29 years old. I’ m not bad looking and I’ m a true gentleman. I am a normal guy, flirty, funny and silly. When I was younger I was never bothered with girls and having relationships as I had other activities that kept me busy but now that I’ m older I’ m wishing more and more that I had that one friend I can do everything with. I feel I need a girl I can have fun with, be silly with, romantic, cuddle and be naughty with. I’ m a very shy guy, so shy that I get anxiety attacks when it comes to girls which also causes me to throw walls up in front of me which seems to block girls off. I’ ve spoken to a psychiatrist about it and was told to make friends with girls and then take it from there. I’ ve done that but all the girls has boyfriends or has ex boyfriend issues. Its seems I’ m moving to slow for girls because of this shyness which means I’ m being put in the friendship list the whole time. The other things are that Most girls my age are experienced and wants a man that knows what his doing. Not only that but woman wants a man with money and that’ s stable in his life, I’ m not, I’ m only starting studies next year as I am a late bloomer career wise as well. In short, I don’ t have money for fancy dinners every second night or money to spoil her with fancy gifts the whole time. I’ ve tried the online dating site which seems even more of a mission to find a girl that I fancy. Do you have any advice for me please?

The need for someone special is quite normal and your difficulty finding Miss Right is also not so strange. You say you are a late bloomer, thus hang in there - she will come! Keep in mind that the circles in which you socialize at his stage do not offer what you want. Not ALL the girls are experienced or want to be entertained, in fact you will be surprise to find how many girls share your predicament. There are reputable dating agencies. If you are going to be a full time student on a campus next year, it will also open other oppertunities. You can also approach a speech and comunication therapist - they can teach you communication strategies to bridge the initial shyness and perhaps help that you become more than a friend. Facebook also has an option where you can make a update for anyone wjo is interested. Good luck with your studies - it will open new doors! Deidre - SASHA

4
Posted by: Ph | 2010-10-19

I would love to meet you, not as a date but a stranger who wants to help you. I also have difficulties in the dating process and would love to hear other people''s point of view about what I am doing wrong.

Reply to Ph
Posted by: Nice Guy | 2010-10-18

Try Gays then, or give up, then you will be fine

Reply to Nice Guy
Posted by: Tiger | 2010-10-16

Stop being a soory-|-and just get out there ?You have an excuse for everything..Jeez

Reply to Tiger
Posted by: sexologist | 2010-10-16

Reply to sexologist