Posted by: LIZA | 2009-07-31

shy girl

please help me. I have lots a of friend and a boyfriend who i' m quiet comfortable and talkative with but when i' m in a crowd i feel so uncomfortable and get lost for words.
i have been to a psycologists who tried cognitive therapy but it' s to expenses and can' t afford it now. is there any meds that i can take for that. something to boost my confidence...thanks

SOunds like a variety of social anxiety disorder, for which CBT / Cognitive Therapy is generally effective, and should not take very long ; and having started it, if you cant afford to continue it at this time, search on Exclusive Books website, website, etc, for books specifically on Cognitive-Behaviour approaches to Social Phobia or Social Anxiety Disorder, as self-help assistance --- Constable-Robinson have published a couple of good ones.
Some people find that the addition of some of the SSRIM drugs also used to treat depression, also help them to cope better with this disorder, and your GP should be able to prescribe them, if you explain the situation,