Posted by: Randy | 2009-04-06

Shy and nervous

I' ve got a problem of being shy and nervous and i also have a lower self a steem. I am isolated from the world, since i am not taking alcohol anymore, i do not have any friends, i never go out. The only time i am going out is when i' m going to work or town. I think my partner has also contibuted in this, because he never go out with me, it is like he is ashamed being seen with me.

This situation is really depressing me since i am a depression sufferer. In the past i use to take alcohol to be free to socialize with people, but use to get so drunk, i almost ended up being a alcoholic.

I can sometimes atually most of times lock myself up in the house for a whole weekend, and it sometimes so difficult to go to work on a monday morning, to be between my colleages at work. whenever my partner has visitors over, i' ll alwys hide myself in the bedroom until they leave because of being shy and nervous.

Is there any treatment or counselling that can help with my problem, since my life is going backwards because of this.

YOu've started in the right direction. Alcohol isolates you, though it hides that fact from you. And it makes depression worse --- it is a depressing drug. I am certain that you can be helped --- you should arrange to see a good local psychiatrist for assessment and diagnosis, to clarify the degree of Depression, social anxiety, etc., and then to work with you to select the best treatment, which ideally might include medication of the antidepressant soert, and CBT type counselling. You CAN be much better than that

Posted by: z | 2009-04-06

call lifeline maybe they can help you.the sooner the better dude.0861322322.gudluck

Reply to z