Question
Posted by: whatnow | 2011/05/24

Shrink''s Mistriss

This is what I was for 24 years. I called it off. Now where to if I need Therapy. He will deny

His denial might be important ( unless you have other evidence ) if you wanted to take legal or professional action against him. But in terms of deciding about getting any form of further therapy, the issue is much easier. Do not have anything further to do with him. No competent professional would take a patient as a mistress or a mistress as a patient. Never. Under any circumstances. It is such grossly unprofessional and improper conduct that it's hard to imagine that he is any good as a shrink. Its not clear from your very short question whether for any ( or if so, how many ) of those 24 years he was actually pretending to treat you for anything - but treatment lasting 24 years is highly unusual with even the most competent and proper of shrinks.
All properly trained shrinks would have your best interests at heart, and would expect to handle "awkward" matters with tact and sympathy, so DO, please, see a different and properly behaving shrink.

5
Posted by: whatnow | 2011/05/25

Thank you Expert for your advice

" No competent professional would take a patient as a mistress or a mistress as a patient"  is what you said. Believe me this is true - treatment until October 2009!! I have evidence (plenty) as well as sms''s etc. don''t want to take action as it will be worthless. I will definitely go to another therapist but will unfortunately have to divulge his name and he is a very well " respected"  Psychiatrist in this City.

Will let you have feedback.

Reply to whatnow
Posted by: Maria | 2011/05/24

What made you decide to call it off after 24 years?

The things we go to shrinks to discuss are almost by definition awkward.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: whatnow | 2011/05/24

Absolutely not, but it is something I would need to discuss in therapy and awkward to go to another shrink to discuss 7

Reply to whatnow
Posted by: Romany | 2011/05/24

He is the only shrink you have access to?

Reply to Romany