Question

Shrinkage of Hippocampus

I recently had a brain scan because of poor memory. My Psych said that my brain was normal yet also said i had shrinkage of the Hippocampus.
I have previously been diagnosed with depression and ptsd and am a healthy 50 year old.
I believe this condition can be reversed? (shrinkage of Hippocampus).

I would like to know what i can do to improve my memory and in particular how to reverse this condition.?
Can this lead to Alzheimers or Dementia in later life.?

I find it hard to believe that any shrink, doc, neurologist, whoever, would have such a complex and expensive test done, and tell you PART of what was found, without explaining precisely and in detail what it means for you. GO back, as your psych has not completed the job for which he was paid, until this has been explained properly and you understand what this means for you. The implications in terms of your complaint and outlook, and any implications for treatment, etc., MUST be explained to you.
I can't answer those questions in the abstract, wihout knowing a great deal more about your condition and history than we can deal with in this format.

2
Posted by: anon | 2010/09/06

Thks, please delete this question

Reply to anon