Question
Posted by: Barber | 2009/02/20

Showers at the gym

Ok its not really a fitness question but i just joined the gym and so far its been ok.A few sores and pains but i guess i will survive. My question is i see some men go and shower with slip slops on? I dont i go bare feet.Can you pick up something from the showers if you go shower bare feet?I just like to know.Many thanks

Hi Barber

You can - fungal infections mostly, depending on the sanitation and hygiene in the gym. The slip slops are just a precaution. Pretty easy to take that precaution, too, so you might consider it. That's not to say your facilities are risky or that you'll get athletes foot, but if you can take the precaution, why not?