Question
Posted by: Me | 2010/08/26

Show Offs!!!

Is it just me or do ''friends'' who show off really get you down. I have this friend who thinks she is just PERFECT. She is a good person but thinks she is better, has better than everyone. She has thee perfect children who are thee best at everything. She has a gorgeous house which she does not own. I am just feeling so over it. I feel so inferior to her. I work hard, she''s at home all day, I pay a bond, she ''rents'' from her parents, I have regular kids who as a mother, think they are just the best, hers actually are thee best and most brilliant. She asks us to go away with her family to places we cannot afford because we have real life living expenses. Just getting it off my chest.

I haven't yet met anyone who enjoys a "friend" showing off. Why on earth do you feel inferior to this big-headed and preening show-of ? From the description, you are enormously more capable and have far more reasons to be proud of yourself and your achievements than she does. Don't buy the propaganda.
And why, by the way, do you consider her a "friend" ? An acquaintance, maybe.
And you and KL are describing vulgar, vain, and rather useless, self-centred and selfish individuals. Why do people tolerate such parasites ?

3
Posted by: Maria | 2010/08/26

I think people like that are sometimes very unhappy and insecure once they realise that all the material possessions in the world does not make you into a happy and confident person. There is no need to feel inferior or to put up with such a " friend" .

Reply to Maria
Posted by: KL | 2010/08/26

I know those. My house mate who is 37 years old, single, one kid, employed, has such a friend who is apparently 30 years old, married to a billionaire, one kid, and just want to always be on a luxury holiday, she will usually invite my housemate (including some other girlfriends)who simply cannot afford the lifestyle, must also make arrange for a nanny for the 8 years old kid etc. I guess its true that you should stick with those in your league. At some point she send out invites for her birthday party which was held at some exclusive rented restaurant, and she said that its a black tie affair, and the theme was " glitzy and glamour, diamonds etc" , and guess what? She was the only person who could afford to adhere to the theme, and most of the people that actually tried to adhere to the theme, borrowed her clothes and jewellery from her. With her, you do not have to ask how she is doing, because she usually will be the first to show off " the latest item that she has got"  . She has now invited her friends to attend some musical festival which apparently is going to take the whole weekend and added this line at the bottom of the invite " Can everyone please drive their own cars"  And my housemate does not have a car and apparently most of the friends aslo dont. She has asked my housemate to enrol her kid at this exclusive estate school that her kid will be attending.

Reply to KL