Question
Posted by: Beaty | 2010/08/03

shoulders

i am 43years old, became fittness trainer 1yr ago. while doing pushup 2weeks ago i felt sudded sharp pain in shoulder, now constant pain. if i lift arm forward it''s verypainfull. To lift arm higher than my shoulder with least amount of pain i have to rotate it slightly to the back and then up. The pain is located more to the front part of shoulder but sometimes so " hot"  and painfull it feels as if it''s in the joint. Which type of doc do i see for this problem. are orthopaedic surgeons just for joints and bones or do they treat muscle injuries too? thanks

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

Dear Beaty,

The person to see is an orthopedic surgeon with an interest in shoulder problems. I am not sure where you live but you should find a person like that close to you . The injury you describe could be a injury to the long head of the biceps inside the shoulder joint or even a rotator cuff tear.

Do have a look at our website: www.shoulderinstitute.co.za and you will find more detail about the specific injury on the site.

Regards,

Dr Joe de Beer

1
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2010/08/06

Dear Beaty,

Regards,

Dr Joe de Beer

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum