Question
Posted by: manda | 2008/08/28

shoulder stiffness

I have a stifness along my shoulder blades. when my husband massages my shoulders it goes away for awhile but then returns. what can this be

Expert ImageShoulder Doc

Dear Manda, pain and stiffness in the area of the shoulder blades could be tension related if it disappears from massage. Discomfort over the scapulae (shouler blades) can also be due to a problem in the neck vertebrae and specifically from the joints behind the vertebrae. This is referred to as cervical facet syndrome and responds quite well to physiotherapy

All the best,

Dr Joe de Beer