Shoulder problems after surgery

Hi Shoulder Doc

I had previous surgery/disectomy at the C6/7 and C7/ T1 levels. No significant disc protrusion noted at these levels.

At the C5/6 level, a central and bilateral paracentral disc osteophyte complex is present obliterating the CSF space anterior to th cord. No cord deformity or signal change to suggest myelopathy.Bilatera y the C6 exit foramina are midly narrowed.

At the C4/5 smaller central and para-central disc osteophtye complex noted. No spinal stenosis or mylepathy. The C5 exit foraminea are patent.

Previous surgery at the C6/7 and C7/T1 levels. Central and para-central disc osteophyte complexes at the C4/5 and C5/6 levels, more significant at the latter level. Mild bilateral forminal narrowing present.

I had this surgery about 6 years ago and the MRI done in 2008.

I am suffering with neck and pain under my left shoulder blade, also with a burning sensation under the shoulder blade. I also have shooting pains in my upper arm which is very sore. What could this all be, could you please explain the above results of the MRI as my pain has gotten worse since 2008.

Many thanks

Expert ImageShoulder Doc

Dear Anonymous,

I want to remind you that i am a shoulder specialist and it will not be fair for me to comment on all your cervical problems. It is the field of a neurosurgeon. From the point of view of the shoulder i can tell you that burning pain in the shouler blade and pain in the arm can well be referred from your neck.

Why don't you go for a second opinion from a neurosurgeon?

Dr Joe de Beer