Posted by: DB | 2009-12-14

Shoulder problem

Last year l experienced incredible pain in my left shoulder and upper arm, so bad that it would wake me up at night and no amount of rubbing etc helped. As suddenly as it appeared so it dissapeared after almost a year. I have however been left though with my little finger on the left hand feeling somewhat numb. What could this be?

Expert ImageShoulder Doc

Dear DB,

severe shoulder pain which disappears again can be one a few problems:
- calcific tendinitis of the shoulder
-frozen shoulder
-a nerve compression in the neck resulting in referred pain into the shoulder ( something to think about in the light of the numbness in your fingers)

look at the above conditions on our website :

Dr Joe de Beer

Posted by: Jason Hobbs | 2010-01-29

I have noticed over a period of time now that when i wake up that my left hands finger tips are numb and this lasts for the duration of the day and then goes.

Is this something to be concerned about ?

Reply to Jason Hobbs