Question
Posted by: Amo | 2011/07/18

Shoulder pain

Hi Doctor

I have been experiencing pain on my shoulders making it very difficult to sleep over my shoulder. The persisitent pain has tendency of affecting my whole hand including my index finger, is this something i should worry about?

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

Such pain in your shoulder can be due to a problem in the shoulder itself ( rotator cuff problem , arthritis or the like) or even referred from the neck due to a compressed nerve. You should be best examined by an orthopedic surgeon who would be able to give you the correct diagnosis and treatment