Question
Posted by: Mary | 2010-01-06

Shoulder pain

I have a pain in my left shoulder and the doctor called it a ' pain point' . If I rub it, it feels like a mussle ' jumping' . What can I use to releive the pain please? Thank you

Expert ImageShoulder Doc

Dear Mary,

in all due respect, the diagnosis of "pain point" is very vague and will not help you . Before any treatment can be suggested a diagnosis (cause of the pain ) has to be made. The one possibility in your case could be a Calcific tendintis ( look at our website at www.shoulderinstitute.co.za at both the sections for Calcifc tendinitis and "shoulder pain") for more information.

i hope you can have it sorted out,

Dr Joe de Beer