Posted by: Anon | 2009-09-14

Shoulder pain

Hi, I wonder if you can help me, whenever i over exert myself eg. picking up grocery bags from the car to the house or straining myself too much at work on the computer and typing too fast or hand washing clothes my right shoulder starts paining which eventually leads to a massive headache, my Mum my sister and i suffer with the same problem. I am 30 my sister is 25 my mum is 50.
We not exactly unhealthy we eat well and now and then exercise. What could be the problem and more importantaly whats the solution.

Expert ImageShoulder Doc

Dear Anon,

There are many causes for shoulder pain. i advise you to look at my website : adn specifically at the section "shoulder pain" . Try to fit in one of the conditions mentioned there to your symptoms. One of the conditions which typically affects young girls your age is the Thoracic outlet syndrome - look at that section as well and see if it sounds familiar

Dr Joe de Beer