Posted by: Tasha | 2009-04-14

Shoulder Pain

Good day

Since Yesterday i' ve got this pain in my shoulder joint, (right arm) it feels as if it' s not in place and i just want to pull it with force so it will pop right back, my whole arm is " lam"  dead.

I can move my shoulder in any position but not to much then its to painfull.

Please Please help???

Thanking you in advance.

Expert ImageShoulder Doc

Dear Tasha,
sorry for this late reply - i hope that you feel better by now. The cause of the symptoms as you describe may certainly be a nerve copression either in the shoulder or even referred from the neck. Other causes of such pain may be a calcific deposit of the shoulder tendon as well as othe causes. You should be examined by a doctor and the appropriate X-rays may well lead to the diagnosis

Dr Joe de Beer

Posted by: HikerMan | 2009-04-29

I am 66 y.o.a and a keen hiker (day trips only / once a week) but lately find that on a steep or strenuous stretch I start experiencing pain in my upper back / lower neck. My backpack is not very heavy usually just about 1.5 liters of liquids, a small lunch pack, a sweater or jacket, a small medical kit, groundsheet and one or two other little items for emergency use. I always walk looking down to avoid tripping and my neck is therefor pulling forward &  down. I' m not sure if the pain is caused by this or perhaps some sort of spinal problem but if I rest for a while leaning and stretching backwards it does give some relief although it will pick up again after I continue walking. It has been suggested that maybe my backpack is too heavy for me but in comparison to some fellow hikers my pack is quite light. Do you have any ideas or suggestions for me, please. Thanks.

Reply to HikerMan