Question
Posted by: Pain | 2009-02-25

Shoulder pain

Good Afternoon,

I am 9 weeks pregnant and i am suffering with severe pain in my right shoulder. It is almost like a pinching pain but it aches too... if i breathe in it is worse.

Please can you give me some advice on what i could be? I know that there is nothing i can take for the pain but i just hope that nothing is going wrong with my little one.

I did go to my gp and he did a scan this morning. We saw a heart beat and baby was moving so he said everything seems to be okay.

What else could this be?

The shoulder pain is unrelated to the pregnancy, especially as teh scan was normal. It may be a pulled muscle. Did you not tell your GP about it?