Question
Posted by: nandipa | 2008-11-13

shoulder is killing me

good day doc, don' t know if i' m at the right forum, but my shoulder is killing me my left shoulder just wont quit. it hurts all the wat to my neck maybe it' s strees cause i' m writing exams, life and on and on but it wont stop i " massage"  it but no try to relax no just sit and do nothing no what must i do boil it with water maybe the knots will disolve? please help

Expert ImageShoulder Doc

Dear Nandipa,

yes you are the right place. the type of pain you are complaining about can have a few causes:

1. Muscle spasm due to the stress is a possibility and a physiotherapist would be able to help you with that
2.pain on top of the shoulder - they should also check if it is not coming from your AC joint for which treatment can then be advised. ( look at our website: www.shoulderinstitute.co.za and then at "shoulder problem" and "AC joiny degeneration")

hope that helps you

Dr Joe de Beer