Question
Posted by: Lenie Boetzkes | 2010-01-13

Shoulder Injury

Hi, I just want to know how long will my shoulder take to recover. The docter told me that I teared my tendon. Sorry for my english... And I want to know do I need to go to a fisio?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Lenie,

if you are Afrikaans - kan jy in Afrikaans kommunikeer.

if you have a torn tendon in the shoulder it depends which tendon: the most commonly torn tendon in the shoulder is that of the rotator cuff - they do not heal unless they are repaired by a surgeon. You should be sure that it is definitely torn and surgeons would determine that by doing ultra-sound or MRI scans. You may look at our website : www.shoulderinstitute.co.za and look under "shoulder problems" and then at "Rotator cuff tear".

you may also use the Question/answer section in the site if you have more questions,

Regards,

Dr Joe de Beer