Question
Posted by: joost | 2008-11-29

shoulder injury

i do some weightlifting and for the last month or so i hve experienced a sharp pain in left shoulder when training,could i have i messed up my shoulder?

Hi Joost

Possibly, could just be some inflammation of the nerve or a muscle strain. Impossible for me to say, so it is guess work. It's not "messed up", probalby just in need of a break from that training. So what I would suggest is that you back off the training for the next week or so, and avoid the exercises that cause pain. Do the ones you can, avoid the ones that cause pain. Then, in about a week or two, try the same exercises, but at reduced weight. I suspect (though I'm not 100% sure, obviously) that you've probably just overdone it on intensity or volume and the shoulder needs a bit of "down time".