Question
Posted by: Jojo | 2008/10/14

Shoulder injury

Hi Doc, Pse can you advise. My husband is constantly complaining about pain in his shoulder. He says it' s not a muscular pain, but feels more like his bones are grinding against each other and that he needs to see some doctor about it. I don' t think a GP is the way to go.
We' ve tried deep heat, anti inflamatory pills etc, but if it' s his bones that are causing this deep pain where do we go from here? What type of doctor would he need to visit?

Hi Jojo
An orthopedic surgeon would be the right doctor to see - but there are a lot of preliminary evaluations your GP can do before you see the surgeon which will be cheaper in the long run!

2
Posted by: Jojo | 2008/10/15

Thanks for your answers. We used to live in Jhb, but now live in Durban unfortunately.
Will convince hubby to go see a GP first as I can' t take seeing him in pain any longer.

Reply to Jojo
Posted by: Ruby | 2008/10/15

Hey Jojo,
I dont know where you live, but if you live near Sandton, I can recommend a really good orthopeadic surgeon. Dr Charles Brecken at the morningside medi-clinic. I had a problem with dislocations and now after surgery I am 100% and can use my arms/shoulders fully. My neighbour also had a problem with a ' frozen'  shoulder due to build-up of calcium, she is also now 100% after he operated on her. All the best! Ruby

Reply to Ruby