Posted by: Jinx | 2009-10-26

Shoulder fracture

Hi Doc,

I fractured my shoulder 8 weeks ago - the x-ray shows it is a small fracture, if that makes sense...The orthopaedic surgeon advised me to have physio &  do exercises. It doesn' t really feel any better than it did 8 weeks ago. Is this normal or should it have improved slightly by now? How long should it take to heal? Thanks

Expert ImageShoulder Doc

Dear Jinx,

There are MANY types of fractures around the shoulder. I do not even know which of the bones around the shoulder you have fractured. You would have to give me more detail to be able to help you . You would also be welcome to look at our website at and see the e-mail address there and send us an X-ray ( it is often possible by e-mail) and I will be willing to give you advice

Best regards,

Dr Joe de Beer