Question
Posted by: Blessed | 2011-02-11

shoulder blade pain

Often at night or when I have been resting during the day I get a really strong pain just on the spine side of my right shoulder blade and at other times just on the outside,( i.e. on the ribs going round the side of my body) of the left shoulder blade.
It could be muscle spasm, because my upper back area has been troublesome with muscle spasms for years, but the pain actually seems sharper and the one on the left especially feels like a knife is stabbing my ribs. They actually hurt sharply at any time just when I push them.
How to treat this?

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

This is a question of making a diagnosis before any treatment can be decided upon. With the sort of pain in the ribs and chest which you describe one must look for causes in the ribs and lungs. I sugges you see a physician

1
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2011-02-27

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum