Posted by: thimble | 2008-12-01

shoulder and neck pain

when i exercise esp stomach crunches, ab exercises at home, and jogging my neck and shoulder musles become tight and extremely painful. what can i do about this as the pain hinders my exercise program and sometimes i would rather not exercise cos i know that i willl be suffering from shoulder and neck pain

Expert ImageShoulder Doc

Dear Thimble,
It sounds as if you have pain coming from the neck. probably from the facet joints behind the vertebrae this usually refers into the shoulders . a good physiotherapist may be the right place to start for treatment. If not successful you should have X-rays of the neck to exclude other problems like chronic disc space narrowing and others

All the best,

Dr Joe de Beer