Question
Posted by: jackie | 2008/08/18

shoulder and arm pains

I have pains in my shoulders and in my arms and hands. Battle to use my arms held up for long, eg hanging washing. Muscles tend to pull in spasm in upper and lower arm. Pain seems worse when it is going to rain. Painfull at night when sleeping also. Could this be a build up in the ball joints of the arm. My sister had the same and had it scraped. I have also had problems with my neck and this could be agrivating it.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Jackie
It does sound as if you have some osteo-arthritis in these joints- this is wear and tear changes we experience as we age and the joint aren't as well oiled as they used to be.Your doctor can send you for some x-rays and a few basic blood tests to eliminate other causes. He can also refer you to a rheumatologist if necessary.

2
Posted by: valerie du plessis | 2009/04/26

i have been diagnosed with cysts on my thyroid is this normal or should I do something about it

Reply to valerie du plessis

I have been diagnosed with osteo arthritus of the shoulders and the medication I have been given does not take the pain totoally away is there anything you can suggest please thanks val

Reply to valerie du plessis