Question
Posted by: Surfergee | 2011/03/07

shoulder

Hi Doc, wonder if you can help... please.

Way back in 1998 I came off a horse and broke my collar bone, it healed well and I don''t have limited movement, the only thing is is that with the way that it healed that shoulder is now 4cm shorter than the other one.

10 years later I had a car accident and dis located the injured collar bone''s shoulder. The doctor that saw to me after the accident only picked up on the dislocation about 2 weeks later, I had it put back but he didn''t send me for any physio or anything, now 3 years on from that I am still having problems with this shoulder. The slighest weird movement sends my shoulder popping out of place. For example sit in the front of the car and twist around to pick something up off the back seat & mdash  pop goes the shoulder & mdash  the doc says the ligaments have stretched and that there is nothing I can do, I now have a floating shoulder.

Is there anything at all - say exercise wise that I can do to tighten up the ligaments?

Expert ImageOsteopath

Hello Surfergee,
I would advise you to consult with an osteopath in your area. Firstly your upper body needs to have a correct balance within it to aid normal function and secondly appropriate exercise may help stabilize the shoulder.

1
Posted by: osteopath | 2011/03/24

Hello Surfergee,

Reply to osteopath