Posted by: Mandy | 2010-02-08

good day doc, i had an op on my right shoulder about 4 years ago, according to the orthopeadic surgeon at the time, my problem is genetic, i dont have much movement in my joints and he cleaned the shoulder up a bit. I now have pain in both my shoulders, down into my arms. The right one is much worse, to a point where it is a bit lame and i cannot grip anything very tightly?

Expert ImageShoulder Doc

Dear Mandy,

I am unaware of a genetic condition which reduces movement in joints. To "clean up " a joint is also very a vague and doubtful procedure. If you have pain down the arms with lameness and weakness of grip one has to consider a nerve problem as the cause of your symptoms. Have a look at our website under and specifically at "Thoracic Outlet Syndrome" and see if you recognise any of the features of that condition.

I would also suggest that you see another specialist who has a special knowledge of shoulder problems for another opinion

Dr Joe de Beer

Posted by: Wolekiiosacs | 2011-01-23

Reply to Wolekiiosacs