Question
Posted by: Irene | 2008/10/23

Should my ex stay in my home

My ex husband and I separated last year Sept, he moved out but moved back in Feb-May, when we called it quits and he moved on. He lives too far to visit our 3 year old son on a regular basis. He now has a gap to visit for 1-2 weeks, but is not in a financial position to afford accommodation and wants to stay with us. I' ve declined several times but he is putting pressure on me, saying that if I don' t let him stay with us he won' t be able to see his son. Should I let him stay with us? How will this affect my son having him stay and then leave again?

This is really a question of etiquette, and depends on your personalities and existing relationship. At 3 your son is a bit young to understand whqat is going on, but you can discuss it with him --- what does he currently understand about the separation ? If the pair of you won't argue or have strife for a week if your ex visits, it needn;t bother the kid

2
Posted by: Mika | 2008/10/23

He is using emotional blackmail and manipulating by you by placing pressure on you and by making you now feel guilty for not being able to see his son. If he moved far away then it is really not your problem if he cannot afford accomodation and cannot see his son.

What is the real reason for him insisting on staying with you ... ? Does he maybe want a second chance?

This is definitely going to confuse your son, so I would say, you should stick to your guts and say NO.

If you really want to help him to visit your son, then cant you arrange that he stays with friends in the area or your family maybe?

Reply to Mika
Posted by: LINDA | 2008/10/23

hi
sometimes we sacrifice alot for our kids, cant this guy get a place near you so that he can be able to cum as much as he want? because now it is going to affect you life that if your seeing sum1. imagine what it can do to your son if your boyfriend and his daddy arguing and he is still young, you are really going to confuse him. in my opinion big NO!

Reply to LINDA