Question
Posted by: SHARON | 2010/09/21

should i worry

How do you tell if your cat is sick??? My cat just seems to be a little different , eating only in the evening , not in morning anymore , but he comes for the food and then just walks away , he is an indoor/outdoor cat , so can''t tell with his poo if anything wrong , what else can I look for to see if something is wrong , as he does not use the litter box inside at all anymore.
I took him to the vet about 2 weeks ago , and he said there was nothing wrong with him , gave him a booster shot and thats that , so i can''t just go running back again...
Any advice please on what to look out for , his gums are okay....

Hi Sharon If there as been a change in behaviour/appetite/weight loss/vomiting/diarrhoea then I would consider that your cat is unwell. Please note that some of these changes can be stress induced. If you are unhappy with the diagnosis/treatment of your pet then consider taking your cat back to your vet or getting a second opinion

2
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010/09/22

Reply to CyberVet
Posted by: Chill | 2010/09/21

If you are worried, of course you can go ''running back there'' - you can visit your vet any time you like: part of his job is to reassure you, if you are needlessly concerned. You can go every day, if that is what you wish to do!

However... it''s not clear from your post exactly why you are worried, apart from the cat skipping breakfast. Cats are notorious for ''eating out'', or for catching something to have as a snack, so unless there are more symptoms, it does rather seem like you may be worrying for nothing.

Reply to Chill