Question
Posted by: Linley | 2011/08/11

Should I try again?

I am at a crossroads. I met this guy a few months ago and he was really into me we hit it off well and we were completely compatible. I got scared and self destructed the whole thing after he became a bit too frisky for my liking - he apologised told me how much he liked me and could not control himself I was a bit too unforgiving- he was insulted and stopped contacting me.

I realise now that I made a mistake and he was actually a good guy with good intentions and I totally judged him for it.

I have these regrets and feel like contacting him to try it out again but also I''m scared of the rejection from him. I have these self confidence issues and I think that’ s why I reacted the way I did.

No one has ever liked me that much and I reacted badly to it - how do I approach the whole thing without seeming desperate etc or should I rather move on - I have not met anyone as great as him.

You sound a bit immature emotionally an in regard to relationships - could this be part of the problem ? Again, as I have said in response to other questions, CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) style counselling can help you udnerstand yourself better and gain self-confidence and self-esteem. I'm sure you are or can be much more likeable. Moving on but with these new and useful skills may be the best idea - not needing to be so desperate or hasty in future. His existence proves that there are great people out there - he wasn't, fortunately, the only one

3
Posted by: Caro | 2011/08/11

Try to contact him again. What have you got to lose? If he is not interested, then move on. Go for counseling anyway as the chief suggests to help you in future. Good luck. We sometimes make these mistakes. At least you are not easy, he''ll be able to know that about you from your previous experience.

Reply to Caro
Posted by: Soul | 2011/08/11

If he is as great as you say he is, don''t you think his worth the risk in trying? Regardless of what his reaction may be

Reply to Soul