Posted by: Voiceofreason | 2009-08-12

Should I tell his wife he' s cheating?

Today, I discovered that a guy I dated 2 years ago (and still have contact with) is married. According to the date stamps on his photos, he was married at least a year before we dated.

I broke up with him a couple of months into the relationship because I suspected he was cheating on me. We still meet up for coffee or a drink every now and again and he ALWAYS tries his best to take things further, but I have been in a happy relationship and I wouldn' t cheat.

I have even confronted him with the question, whether he is married (woman' s intution) and he has always denied it.

NOW. Obviously on facebook he is listed as married to someone. Should I tell her? If he was my cheating, lying husband I would like to know, but have SO moved on from this guy, I don' t want to get caught in the crossfire!

Well, at least this shows that your instincts were correct in breaking up with him. Why not simply ignore him from now on. And if he gets through to you on the phone, you could say you'd love to meet him AND HIS WIFE.

Posted by: Maria | 2009-08-13

I would tell, for the simple reason that he could be exposing her to STI' s, including HIV which will kill her. You need to very, very sure of your facts though before you tell.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Anon | 2009-08-13

His wife could end suing you for emotional stress and whatever else her lawyer can come up with. A friend of mine was successfully sued and she didn' t know he was married. I would cut off all contact with him.

She might not know and this could destroy her, and hopefully there are no kids or it could be even worse. You did nothing wrong, keep it that way.

Posted by: GAGA | 2009-08-13

Tell Her. I would want to know.

Reply to GAGA
Posted by: BABE | 2009-08-12

Reply to BABE
Posted by: girlie | 2009-08-12

its not your place just focus on your relationship and leave him alone provided you are bitter and feel used. if you decide to tell the wife, tell her the whole story that u also slept with her husband. see who she would believe, you or her husband. this guy used you, accept and move on.
dont mean to be hush

Reply to girlie
Posted by: Anon | 2009-08-12

I think you should tell his wife, do unto others what you would like done you.
The truth will set you free...............

Posted by: P | 2009-08-12

For as long as there' s no valid proof i wouldnt take hearsay,
Let alone from a calprit herself, you wont be informing her but making a fool of yourself.
Now you know, leave the poor family alone

Reply to P
Posted by: Voiceofreason | 2009-08-12

Excuse me, Anonymous. Don' t make assumptions. I found out TODAY that he is married and you are right, I will definately cut all ties with him.

Who said anything about meeting up with married men?

His photos, his FB status, HER FB status, he is clearly married.

So you wouldn' t want to know if your husband is cheating on you?

Reply to Voiceofreason

No shouldn' t. That is not your place. You now know that he is married so why are you still meeting up with a married men and then want to go tell his wife. The first thing you can do is to cut ties with him if you are so concerned about the wife. Secondly there is a possibility that he is not even married though his status says so on FB.