Question
Posted by: Maggie | 2012/04/26

Should I tell boyfriend about HPV?

Hi doc,

Please help me as I don t know how to handle this situation. About a year ago I was diagnosed with low strain HPV. The warts were removed and it has never returned. I have recently met a new boyfriend and I am struggling to decide if I should tell him about the HPV. Two doctors have advised me not to tell him since HPV is very common, transmission is very unlikely with no visible warts and I don''''t carry a high risk strain of the virus so should he contract it from me there would be no health danger. Please can you shed some light on this?

I would agree with your doctors.Men have fewer problems form HPV anyway. If your warts recur, you should then tell him.

2

Posted by: observer | 2012/04/27

i have never heard of a doctor who can tell you not to disclose anything that could be sexually transmited. who are those two doctors we need to expose them

Reply to observer