Posted by: Maggie | 2012-04-26

Should I tell a new boyfriend about HPV?

Hi doc,

Please help me as I don t know how to handle this situation. About a year ago I was diagnosed with low strain HPV. The warts were removed and it has never returned. I have recently met a new boyfriend and I am struggling to decide if I should tell him about the HPV. Two doctors have advised me not to tell him since HPV is very common, transmission is very unlikely with no visible warts and I don''t carry a high risk strain of the virus so should he contract it from me there would be no health danger. Please can you shed some light on this?

I think you should disclose all facts to your boyfriend. The HPV, if transmitted, will have no real health implications. I do however, suggest that you consult your doctor forHPV vaccination. HPV can cause cancer of the cervix and it is therefore, advisable to get the vaccination.

Posted by: Hallow | 2012-05-11

Thank you Me too.I''ll try to look for this

Reply to Hallow
Posted by: Me too | 2012-05-03

If I can remember correctly its Gardicil, ask your pharmacist, you take it over 3 months administered by them. Its gonna cost around R3000 for the whole 3 shots.

Reply to Me too
Posted by: Hallow | 2012-04-30

Where can one get that vaccin and when it should be taken

Reply to Hallow