Posted by: Confused | 2009-05-23

should i take this seriously?

I recently went off the pill to fall preg and have very irregular cycles ranging from 3-8 weeks.
I went to see an alternative therapist who told me I have very low progesterone levels and recommended a natural progesterone cream. I' m obviously reluctant to use this unless I am certain that this is a problem. What would you advise?
Out of interest, what are the symptoms of low progesterone?

Low progesterone means that you are not ovulating. The solution is not to take progesterone cream, but to find out why you are not ovulating. This can occur for 3 months or so after stopping the Pill. If it has been longer, you should see your gynaecologist.