Question
Posted by: Taz | 2008-12-09

Should I take Prozac?

Hi Dr Bets

I dont know what is going on with me. For the most part of this year I have not been myself. Iv always been a bubbly and outgoing person who laughs a lot and enjoys life but this year Iv changed so much. Alot has happened in my life this year contributing to me feeling so low but its getting out of hand now. I have lost my confidence, I feel I am not good enough-that I have failed myself, especially in establishing a grounded career(but Im travelling the world so that makes it harder). I am not motivated to do anything anymore, dont go out with friends, I want to sleep all the time, I cry for no reason and sometimes I feel so anxious, like right now. I feel no one likes me anymore and constantly feel I need to impress people. I got married 2 weeks ago which made me so happy and felt on top of the world, but now I feel all down again.My new husband had to leave to go to London today for a month so that now is also getting me down but its more than that. I just want to be the happy person I once was. Im so negative and always moaning and feel my life stinks and Im getting nowhere. What must I do? Should I perhaps consider taking an anti depressant like prozac? I know its silly taking pills but I want to feel great again.
Thank you for your time.
Taz

Hi Taz
Test yourself on these two questionnaires:
http://www.drhansdreyer.com/questionnaires/depression.php
http://www.drhansdreyer.com/questionnaires/mdq.php
If your scores indicate a problem - see your doctor for a prescription, also consider seeing a psychologist to teach you stress management techniques