Question
Posted by: Anon | 2010-04-30

Should I stay or should I go?

I recently started a new job. Have been with the company for one month. I know there''s office politics no matter where one works, but I can''t believe all that''s happened in the space of one month and I''m still on probation. Our new sales dept have been told that if they haven''t made any sales by the end of May, they have to leave. What does that mean for the rest of us?

Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

It is not only the employee that is on probation. I cannot advise you to stay or leave - only you can make that decision. Nevertheless it sounds like you are not happy,are picking up bad vibes and that the company is already sending out worrying statements re their security and survival? If you are confident that he job market favours you, step back,listen and make a decision. Sometimes ones gut is very reliable.