Question
Posted by: Sophie | 2011/02/02

Should I report them?

Hi CS,

I know of a couple living off state pension who clearly do not need to. They own multiple companies and properties but dress down to go to Home Affairs to beg from the Government.

Do you think I should report them?

They are stealing from the poor, and a disgrace to their community. Of course you should report them. Ruby is irresponsibly wrong, and it's attitudes like hers that encourage all the dishonesty and corruption we see. It IS your business - it is everybody's business.
Puzzled - some folks are just so greedy they'll do anything for an easy buck.

9
Posted by: QQ | 2011/02/03

No why report them?
Even the Government is stealing the Government''s money
so what the hell.... cant beat them join them

Reply to QQ
Posted by: Outsider | 2011/02/02

I strongly agree that this should be reported. We pay loads of income tax so yes it should be your business to report them.

Here are the details for reporting:
Social assistance and security fraud

The department’ s national facilities to combat fraud and corruption in the social-security system consist of:

* a toll-free national security fraud hotline (0800 60 10 11) that operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week

Reply to Outsider
Posted by: Ruby | 2011/02/02

Okay my apologies I was being silly just thought why should you get involved. Sorry - they are stealing and that''s wrong so go ahead and report them... Apologies CS

Reply to Ruby
Posted by: Phil | 2011/02/02

Seriously  who would go and q in a line for a couple of hundred rands if they have plenty? Maybe you should double check your facts.

And if they are rich, then they are entitled to get a grant liek anyone else. Afterall, who do you think paid taxes and created those govermont funds in the first place?

Now everyone feels sorry for the ones that never contributed, but maybe we shoudl appluad the ones that pay for the poor  and the grave train and and and! And yes, that is people like us who pay tax, and rich bussines owners that actually work hard and create jobs.

Reply to Phil
Posted by: puzzled | 2011/02/02

Well this simply doesnt make any sense, why if they own multiple companies, would they go and stand in a que for a mere R1000 odd?

Reply to puzzled
Posted by: Anti Theft | 2011/02/02

Oh yes please ! Far too much of this type of thing is happening and must be stopped where possible. Go ahead, don''t delay !!

Reply to Anti Theft
Posted by: Ruby | 2011/02/02

No, as its none of your business really. Also these things always have a way of coming out, KARMA.... Just goon living your life as honestly as you can.

Reply to Ruby
Posted by: yes!!!!!!!!!! | 2011/02/02

.

Reply to yes!!!!!!!!!!