Question
Posted by: Tonsils | 2008/08/13

Should I remove Tonsils?

I am a 24 year old male. When I was little (cant remember when) I had my Tonsils removed. A few years ago I found out that a piece was " left behind"  and has " grown back a little" . The past 2-3 years I had Tonsilitis . Yesterday, I went to the Dr again because I have Tonsilitis again and asked the Dr if it is possible to remove those pieces. He said Its not necessary because its so small.

Now, What should I do. Get tonsilitis every year and have to get booked off sick, or get it removed. I dont know if the Dr doesnt want to remove it because it might be too difficult to remove the small pieces...

Please advise.

Hi Tonsils
If you get tonsillitis more than 3 times a year, get an ENT specialist opionion about removing that small piece. It will be difficult as this is probably already very scarred and the chances of getting everything 100% out is small, but an experienced ENT surgeon will probably get most out. If you don't get it more than once a year, try taking Tonsillyte or Tonsilla as soon as you get a sore throat, this will in many cases prevent tonsillitis - you can buy at any chemist at the homeopathic medications.